One Minute Man (OMM) encourages open discussion amongst it’s community, readership and visitors. However as this is a site dealing with emotional fitness where authenticity and vulnerability is encouraged I will also seek to keep the site as safe as possible for participating members. With this in mind, there are certain kinds of comments that won’t be published or will be removed.
1. You must register to leave a comment. Email addresses are required for commenting. They’re not published on the blog nor shared. They may be used by OMM to privately contact the commenter.
2. Please respect others and keep it civil. Blog based discussions are wide open for miscommunication, various interpretations and differences of opinion. An important part of emotionally fit communication is to take responsibility for my feelings and the way I respond. To encourage openness and the helpful exchange of information it is important to respect each other. Please refrain from personal attacks, name calling and other forms of verbal aggression. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger nor any other commenter’s. As a simple rule – use ‘I’ instead of ‘You’ and always speak in the first person. Failure to respect fellow participants and contributors on this blog could result in removal and blocked access. OMM reserves the right to delete or hold questionable comments in moderation that cross the line or appear to be intended to inflame, shame or otherwise disrupt the purpose of the blog.
3. No identifying information. To make this site as safe as possible for the OMM community please take into consideration the following points. Refrain from using your actual name, your children’s names, your wife’s/girlfriend’s/ex’s/sister’s-in-law/daughter’s-in-law/judge’s/court evaluator’s/husband’s/boyfriend’s/etc. actual names, places of work, telephone number, home address, etc. Comments will be deleted that contain identifying information. This is for your protection.
4. Excessive profanity. This website is for adults. Occasional swearing to make a point or if you’re quoting another person may be necessary, but please don’t go over the top!
5. No woman bashing / No man bashing. This is a male affirmative, pro-feminist and non-sexist site where both men and women are welcome. OMM doesn’t tolerate sexist abuse in whatever form. It is neither a man nor a woman problem; it is a problem for everyone. Attacking either gender will not help emotional fitness and growth.
6. What it means if your comment doesn’t appear after you submit it. All first time comments are held in moderation
for approval. If it doesn’t appear right away it probably means the moderator hasn’t reviewed it yet. Once it’s been approved, subsequent comments will appear right away as long as you’re logged in. Alternatively, if your previous comments have been approved and a more cent comment disappears, it has probably been removed for violating the Comments Policy.
7. Thread hijacking or tangenting. A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent or kills the conversation may be edited, moved or deleted.
8. Blocked comments. Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on OMM.
9. All rights reserved. OMM reserves the right to edit, delete, move or mark as spam any and all comments. OMM also has the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from OMM.
10. Hold harmless. All comments within OMM are the responsibility of the commenter, not the website owner, administrator,
contributor, editor or author. By submitting a comment on OMM, you agree that the comment content is your own and to hold this site, OMM, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liability.